BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Circus Circus

Today I feel on the verge of tears! Its been a long week and I started my period this morning. My husband is home sick and so is Matthew. What a crazy day it has been! My house is destroyed and it still isn't summer vacation yet. I guess I had better get used to it. I feel like I live in a three ringed circus at the moment. This makes it hard to put yourself first when there is so much going on around you. Right now I just want to be all by myself for a serious length of time but I know that I would miss them the minute the door shuts.

I totally thought that I had lost no weight last week but low and behold when I got on the scales Monday morning I had lost 3lb. So in 4 weeks I have lost a total of 14lbs. It hasn't been that hard either. It has just taken being organized and accountable. I have written all the calories down that I have eaten and I have stuck to the same calories. I have exercised at least 5 days a week. I have such a long way to go but I now feel like this can be my way of life as I enter my 5th week.

I got on the elliptical this morning and did 30 minutes on that going from level 1 to level 4. I really enjoyed it. I then went to the park and walked for a mile. When I was walking I was thinking about my journey and how I really want to do this. I can do this which I never thought possible. I always had so many obstacles in my way and excuses all the time. It really doesn't matter what you do as long as you make a start. Everyday you should add something new. If you try and do it all at one time then it almost becomes impossible to achieve. That was what I was doing all along. I can honestly see myself going to the gym now. I have stamina now and it has only taken a month to feel the difference. Silly things like going up and down the stairs, tying my shoes and being able to do chores around the house without stopping for a rest. I can't believe how out of shape I was and how badly I was treating my body.

I made this dinner tonight! It was really yummy and the boys liked it too. BONUS! I had some of the meat left over so I put it in a tub in the freezer for a quick meal another day.

I will try not to be so long blogging next time.

P.S. I got on a pair of my new trousers today. A pair that didn't fit!! Woo hooo!!

1 comments:

Jacqui said...

Guess what? I started my period today too! How in sync are we?

Sorry you are having a time of it at the moment, I didn't even ask how your day was going when I spoke to you.

This is a great post and I love that you can visualise yourself doing all these new things and then making them achievable. Once you settle in to going to the gym, I am sure you will love it as much as I do. You are doing a fantastic job, so keep going! A stone in 4 weeks is amazing, I definitely think I am going to lose weight while I am with you!! And well done on getting into the new trousers!! All good. xxx