BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 10, 2010

Its About Me

Right now this journey has to be about me. I have to stay focused on my goal so that it doesn't slip through my fingers. Being positive is hard for me and I need to try to have a serious attitude change. I focus on the negativity a little too much and need to focus on the positive. I let things bother me that have no business bothering me and I need to let go of this. Its hard to let go of stuff that you have carried around with you for so long and have been used to. Outwardly I think I appear very confident to people but inside that is a totally different matter altogether. I hate confrontation and will do anything to avoid being in that situation. I can't say no! I am learning to though and its been hard. I wish that I had a less sensitive soul and a harder exterior but its part of who I am. As long as I can learn to not leave myself vulnerable I think that I can make it.

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude"

You will never believe my weight loss this week..... I lost 4lbs! So in total I have now lost 11lbs! So exciting and I definitely walked a bit harder this morning.

I am struggling with the water drinking thing. I can't seem to get the stuff down me. So I need to focus on that more this week.

My meal plan is a little bit lame too. I need to sit and figure that out before I end up in a situation that I don't want to be in. Lunches are good and I am finding great things to eat with that. I told you I am totally in love with these haven't I? They just fill that bread craving and are only 100 calories. I also found some veggie burgers from Safeway that are 100 calories each. So these make a lovely lunch. The veggie burgers have cheese in them and are so yummy. I definitely don't feel like I am dieting just eating healthier. I have run out of my rice krispie treats and need to go get some. They are my sweet treat that make me happy.

So onwards and upwards to another great week!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandwich thins are great. I used to get them in NY and was happy to finally see them here. They do help with the bread crave. You might also try rice bread. Safeway and Tr. Joe's has it in fridge section. For a refreshing treat try the fruit juice pops or make your own. make lemon water. Might help you get more water down. Slice a lemon into pitcher, add water and overnight you have lemon water which is a better taste than plain water. I had it at a party and am now hooked. Eat lots of water fruits and raw vegies like watermelon, and peppers. Buy the pretty peppers--red, yellow, orange because they look so appealing you want to eat more. For me it really helps to put the good/healthy food up front in the fridge so I gra that first. It also helps me to have things cut up and ready. If I need something RIGHT NOW and I have to prep it, I generally will go the easy chip way.:(:(
Wonderful that you have lost 11lbs. Congrats!!! Keep going.

Andrea said...

You remind me so much of me. I don't think people realize how incredibly insecure I am. I think because I am loud, people assume I am outgoing when really I am uncomfortable in many situations.

I am trying to never diet again. I think that word just sets me up for failure. If I take a bite of something I want, it is better than the 12 I will eat after I have deprived myself.

Drinking enough water is so hard for me too. I try to really sit down when I eat and make sure I get through at least 8 oz during each meal, plus it helps me feel fuller. Sometimes that means taking a drink after each bite, but otherwise I don't get it in.

I am so incredibly proud of you! I am words of affirmation too, so I know how far encouragement can go. I love being able to watch your journey. Keep up the good work!!