BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Change

Sometimes its the smallest decision that can change your life forever!

Over the last few months I feel like I have finally grown up. What an odd statement to say but I do. I finally feel like I am in control of my life and that I am no longer living it to please others. I have spent way too much of my life trying to fit in and to make sure everyone likes me. I still want people to like me but its not the be all and end all that I always felt it was. It really doesn't matter anymore if someone doesn't like me. There are people that I don't particularly like and maybe that's too harsh. Maybe I should say there are people that I care not to spend time with. I think that growing up with an alcoholic mother and loosing my Dad made me insecure and self conscious. I was always very aware of my situation and of the normality of other peoples homes. I lost out on the teenage years where you get to figure out who you are and what you are. I was thrown into taking care of not only myself but my brother too. BUT I made it and I am here and I am Happy! Most of all I am in control and I feel like this big huge guilty weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I am in control of my mind, soul and body! I feel empowered and alive!

Life can either be accepted or changed. If its not accepted, then it must be changed. If it can not be changed then it must be accepted. We must become the change that we want to see and not the change that we feel others want to see.

1 comments:

Jacqui said...

This is a fantastic post. I am SO very proud of you. KJust make sure you keep this up now. We will create some wonderful memories to go with this whole new attitude and we will be happy to recall them always. Love you blondie xx