BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Snack-o-Licious

So I am a snacker. I love snacks and could skip meals for snacks. I especially love snacks when I am on Facebook :0).

My wonderful husband helped me with that. He made me up lots of 100 calorie snack packs. He measured out stuff like cheerios, Quaker rice cakes, crackers, pretzels and he even measured out oatmeal so I could pour it out in the morning and just make it. It has really helped me lots.

To hold myself accountable I have a tiny composition note book that I keep my calorie intake in and also how many carbs I have eaten (I am a diabetic too). I prefer to eat more at dinner time as that is when I find myself the most hungry. I have yet to starve and have not felt that my throat has been slit yet. Although I am totally ready to eat at meal times and if it gets to late I am a grouch master.










I also write at the back of the book the calories in things that I have often so that I can remember without looking it up all the time.

I have found quite of few snacks that are low in calorie content and that have become a staple on my diet.

I love these things:-

Rice Krispie Treats 90 calories

Fibre 1 Bars 90 calories

Fruit Roll Up 50 calories

Gogurts 70 calories (especially nice frozen)

Medium Apple 100 calories

10 small Strawberries 50 calories

This is a start and I will add more as I find them.

0 comments: