BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, May 1, 2010

From the Beginning

Well here we go. I did have a blog a long time ago and wrote on it for two years but gave it up when I found I had an audience that I no longer wanted to please. I know that sounds bad but I wasn't writing for myself anymore and felt that I couldn't express how I felt.

So here I am on this journey to getting fit. I guess what prompted me to start is that we are going on a cruise this summer to Alaska. I didn't want to get on the cruise and have regrets that I didn't try to loose any weight. There can be no regrets allowed when you are going on a vacation of a lifetime! I also wanted to be able to keep up with everyone else as the land tour of our vacation would probably include lots of walking. The other biggest reason is I wanted to feel beautiful inside and out.


My journey began two week ago. I have been crying about my weight on an off for the last four years or so. I have always had issues with my weight but never before had I been this heavy. I got sick four years ago with a thyroid condition called
Hashimotos. It affects women in their child bearing years. It was quite devasting for me. I put tons of weight on and got so sick I didn't know what had happened to me.

I had no energy to speak of. I couldn't even get out of my car and walk inside the local supermarket. I fell asleep where ever I sat and slept on every car journey I went on. I had heart palpations and ended up having an angio gram to see if I had a blocked artery! Life was pretty grim and I kept going up in clothes sizes. I had insomnia and was very depressed. I think my husband thought he had a new wife. The only thing good that came out of that was that I learned how to relax. I was a clean freak and very OCD but when I got sick I couldn't do it anymore. Needless to say I still like things clean but I enjoy my life more and the death grip it had on me is gone now!

I personally beleive that health issues and personal issues play a huge part in how our bodies are. I always had an excuse as to why I was over weight and why I couldn't excercise. I don't want those excuses anymore. I want my life back and more than anything I want my body back. I want to be in control of who I am.

So here begins my journey and I hope that you join me on the ride of my life!

I will be adding recipes and adding links that I have found that are helping me. I want to share ideas that have helped you too.

0 comments: