BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

A Hop, Skip and a Jump

This morning I had to go to school to help set up breakfast for the teachers as its Teacher Appreciation Week but I also wanted to walk. So I drove home put my sneakers on and walked to school. It is a two mile round trip to school and back home. I really love this walk NOW! I didn't like it when I first started. It was tiring and hard work. I would have to keep stopping to rest but now I have shaved ten minutes off both ways! It takes time to get fitter but when you do it is noticeable. I also have a pedometer which is fantastic. It tells you how many steps you have walked, how many of them are aerobic steps, calories burned and how many miles you have walked. This is the one I have (click here). I have been walking 4 miles a day and sometimes 5 miles! When I am not too exhausted I have been going on the elliptical!

Well today I walked to the school and my friend wasn't there so I walked round to meet her and we walked a different way home which made it a nice change. We walked past the community pool and decided that we would walk and then do swimming in the morning. This is turning out to be lots of fun hanging out with my friend and working out. We headed back to my house and on the way there I saw something on the dirt path and jumped over it. When I looked back I said what was that and my friend said it was a snake. I said Shit! lol Shit was a good word to describe it. It wasn't that big and I am glad that I jumped over it and didn't stand on it.

I guess I better watch where I am walking in the wash from now on. This is the first snake I have ever seen while out walking.

When we did get back to my house I realized that I had the wrong key with me. We couldn't get back into the house. I couldn't believe it. We had to walk all the way back to my friends house and then she had to drive me to my husbands work place so I could get his key. It was a crazy day but I got my 4 miles in walking done today! That's what counts!!

1 comments:

Jacqui said...

What a weird looking snake! Am very glad you didn't step on it though.