BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Turkey Turkey

It has taken me awhile to actually like ground turkey. At first I couldn't stand the smell of it and it just didn't quite have the pizzaz that ground beef had. I don't know why I like ground beef perhaps because my favourite dinner is Shepherds Pie! I love Shepherds Pie and it is my go to comfort food especially if I am homesick. I have to say now I don't mind ground turkey at all. It is very versatile and replaces ground beef very well. It is way more healthier for you too.

I have a chili recipe that I make with ground turkey but I need to see if I can find it on the web and if I can't then I will type it up and post it on here. It is so yummy and Trevor wants it every week. I make a huge batch of it up and we can either freeze the rest or leave it in the fridge for lunches. I just had the rest for lunch today and feel nice and full now.

A friend of mine sent me an email with an awesome website that I have been looking at today. You should go check it out. It has single serving recipes on it and it also tells you the points for Weight Watches if you are doing that. Very cool indeed.

Its called Hungry Girl.

This is another good website that I just found too - Sparkrecipes and this one 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet.

Let me know if you find any fab websites too or you have a recipe that I should try.

I am going to start taking pictures of the meals I make so you can see how yummy they are.

I made Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas last night and everyone loved them. So go here to try them.

Well I couldn't walk to school this morning or go swimming because I had to wait for the alarm guy to come and fit the alarm to our new doors. So I am going to kidnap a friend and make her walk with me tonight. I felt so disappointed this morning that I couldn't walk. I am really enjoying it and like getting the majority of my exercise out of the way in the morning. I guess these are the hiccups to my routine that I will have to over come..!

1 comments:

Jacqui said...

Brad and I rarely eat red meat to be honest, white meat and fish are much better for you. Lower in calories and fish is a great source of omega 3 (brain food). You can replace beef with turkey or chicken mince...........well, perhaps with the exception of recipes with beef actually in the title, probably wouldn't taste the same!! xx