BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 3, 2010

Weigh in Day!

On Monday morning I weigh myself and I can only do it then because my dear husband has hidden the scales. He says he doesn't want me to weigh myself more often because then I might get discouraged like I did last week when I only lost two pounds. I was disappointed because I had walked myself silly and stuck to the calories. So he had to hide them. I did find his first hiding place though (smirk)! He has hidden them again but I will refrain from looking for them for the moment... lol!

Well........................ I lost 5lbs this week! I am totally happy and feel like dancing a jig! So in the last two weeks I have lost 7lbs. I can totally live with that. I am trying to stop myself from mentally adding up how much I could loose by the cruise because I don't want to be disappointed. If I can get into those bargain pants I bought on sale I will be more than pleased.

This is a lifetime journey that I will be on. I want to be at my goal weight (which I haven't decided) by my 40th birthday which is in two years. I know I can do this. I want to do this. I think that's the difference. I know that there will be hiccups along the way and it won't always be smooth sailing! So if I can do this then you can do this! Lets seize the weight!

Today I also wanted to share with you some recipes that I have tried over the last two weeks. They have been delish and my husband says its not like being on a diet. I don't think we should consider it as a diet but as a healthy option. The change over to healthy foods hasn't been hard for us as we have been eating that way for years now. For me its about portion control, snacking and exercising. If you can get your head around the fact that you are not being cheated because you are not eating that big bag of chips with your dinner than you can do this. I love to cook and this has been an adventure. (Note:- It is not considered an adventure when you are trying to make a recipe at 6pm because you have been out all day and it takes an hour and by the time you sit to eat you are ravenous and could eat your own child!) So here are a few fab dinners and you have to try them.

Creamy Corn and Vegetable Soup

Bean Tostada

Mozzerella Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf

Turkey Meatballs

Turkey Taco Pie

Well I have another story to share but I need to go shower and clean up the house a bit before I get banned from my laptop plus I am waiting for a picture.... :0)

0 comments: